Laughter was honored by the ancients as a spiritual healing tool and celebrated by the world's great religions. So why aren't we laughing along the spiritual path today? What would happen if we did?
In this personal and funny look at humor as a spiritual practice, Rev. Susan Sparks, an ex-lawyer turned comedian and Baptist minister, presents a convincing case that the power of humor radiates far beyond punch lines. Laughter can help you:
- Remove the fearful mask of a God who doesn't laugh
- Debunk the myths that you don't deserve joy
- Find perspective when faced with adversity
- Exercise forgiveness for yourself and others
- Reclaim play as a spiritual practice
- Heal emotionally, physically, and spiritually
- Keep your faith when God is silent
- Live with elegance, beauty, and generosity of spirit
Whatever your faith tradition or if you have none at all join this veteran of the punch line and the pulpit in reclaiming the forgotten humor legacy found in thousands of years of human spiritual history.
Meet Rev. Susan Sparks at Trinity Lutheran for a laugh-filled evening!