Television Studies: The Key Concepts (Routledge Key Guides) (Paperback)
Search for Books or E-books
Television Studies: The Key Concepts is the definitive reference guide to an area of rapidly expanding academic interest. Among those aspects of television studies covered in this comprehensive and up-to-date guide are:
- theoretical perspectives which have shaped the study of television - Marxism; semiology; feminism
- concepts which have shaped the study of television - narrative; representation; bias
- television genres - soap opera; news; science fiction
- methods used for understanding television - content analysis; audience research
- relevant social, economic and political phenomena - ownership; social policy.