On Her Majesty's Frightfully Secret Service (A Royal Spyness Mystery #11) (Mass Market)
Search for Books or E-books
Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the A Royal Spyness Mystery series.
- #1: Her Royal Spyness (A Royal Spyness Mystery #1) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #2: A Royal Pain (A Royal Spyness Mystery #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Royal Flush (A Royal Spyness Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Royal Blood (A Royal Spyness Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: Naughty in Nice (A Royal Spyness Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #6: The Twelve Clues of Christmas: A Royal Spyness Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: Heirs and Graces (A Royal Spyness Mystery #7) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #8: Queen of Hearts (A Royal Spyness Mystery #8) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #9: Malice at the Palace (A Royal Spyness Mystery #9) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #10: Crowned and Dangerous (A Royal Spyness Mystery #10) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding (A Royal Spyness Mystery #12) (Paperback): $17.00
- #13: Love and Death Among the Cheetahs (A Royal Spyness Mystery #13) (Paperback): $16.00
- #14: The Last Mrs. Summers (A Royal Spyness Mystery #14) (Paperback): $16.00
- #15: God Rest Ye, Royal Gentlemen (A Royal Spyness Mystery #15) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #16: Peril in Paris (A Royal Spyness Mystery #16) (Hardcover): $27.00
Lady Georgiana Rannoch juggles secret missions from the Queen, her beau, and her mother in this mystery in the Royal Spyness series.
When royal sleuth Georgie Rannoch receives a letter from her dearest friend Belinda, who's in an Italian villa awaiting the birth of her illegitimate baby, she yearns to run to her side. If only she could find a way to get there! But then opportunity presents itself in a most unexpected way—her cousin the queen asks her to attend a house party in the Italian Lake Country. The Prince of Wales and the dreadful Mrs. Simpson have been invited, and Her Majesty is anxious to thwart a possible secret wedding.
What luck! A chance to see Belinda, even if it is under the guise of stopping unwanted nuptials. Only that's as far as Georgie's fortune takes her. She soon discovers that she attended finishing school with the hostess of the party—and the hatred they had for each other then has barely dimmed. Plus, she needs to hide Belinda's delicate condition from the other guests. And her dashing beau, Darcy's (naturally) working undercover on a dangerous mission. Then her actress mother shows up, with a not-so-little task to perform. With all this subterfuge, it seems something is bound to go horribly wrong—and Georgie will no doubt be left to pick up the pieces when it does.
About the Author
Rhys Bowen, a New York Times bestselling author, has been nominated for every major award in mystery writing, including the Edgar®, and has won many, including both the Agatha and Anthony awards. She is the author of the Royal Spyness Mysteries, set in 1930s London, the Molly Murphy Mysteries, set in turn-of-the-century New York, and the Constable Evans Mysteries, set in Wales. She was born in England and now divides her time between Northern California and Arizona.
Praise for the Royal Spyness Mysteries
“Wonderful characters…A delight.”—#1 New York Times bestselling author Charlaine Harris
“An insightful blend of old-fashioned whodunnit, clever satire and drawing room comedy of errors.”—New York Times bestselling author Jacqueline Winspear
“Brilliant…This is so much more than a murder mystery. It’s part love story, part social commentary, part fun and part downright terrifying. And completely riveting.”—#1 New York Times bestselling author Louise Penny
“The perfect fix...for Downton Abbey addicts.”—New York Times bestselling author Deborah Crombie
“Fans of P.G. Wodehouse looking for laughs mingled with some amateur sleuthing will be quite pleased.”—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
“Georgie’s high spirits and the author’s frothy prose are utterly captivating.”—The Denver Post
“A smashing romp.”—Booklist (starred review)