I Hear the Sirens in the Street: A Detective Sean Duffy Novel (Paperback)
Search for Books or E-books
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Sean Duffy series.
- #1: The Cold Cold Ground (Sean Duffy #1) (Paperback): $15.95
- #3: In the Morning I'll Be Gone: A Detective Sean Duffy Novel (Paperback): $15.95
- #4: Gun Street Girl: A Detective Sean Duffy Novel (Paperback): $15.95
- #5: Rain Dogs: A Detective Sean Duffy Novel (Paperback): $15.95
- #6: Police at the Station and They Don't Look Friendly: A Detective Sean Duffy Novel (Paperback): $15.95
A torso in a suitcase looks like an impossible case, but Sean Duffy isn't easily deterred, especially when his floundering love life leaves him in need of a distraction. So with Detective Constables McCrabban and McBride, he goes to work identifying the victim. The torso turns out to be all that's left of an American tourist who once served in the US military. What was he doing in Northern Ireland in the midst of the 1982 Troubles? The trail leads to the doorstep of a beautiful, flame-haired, twentysomething widow, whose husband died at the hands of an IRA assassination team just a few months before. Suddenly Duffy is caught between his romantic instincts, gross professional misconduct, and powerful men he should know better than to mess with. These include British intelligence, the FBI, and local paramilitary death squads--enough to keep even the savviest detective busy. Duffy's growing sense of self-doubt isn't helping. But as a legendarily stubborn man, he doesn't let that stop him from pursuing the case to its explosive conclusion.