A Study in Scarlet: A Sherlock Holmes Novel (Compact Disc)
Search for Books or E-books
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Sherlock Holmes series.
- #2: The Sign of the Four (Sherlock Holmes #2) (Paperback): $7.65
- #3: The Hound of the Baskervilles: A Sherlock Holmes Novel (Compact Disc): $17.99
- #4: The Valley of Fear: Sherlock Holmes 4 (Paperback): $15.26
- #5: The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes: Sherlock Holmes 5 (Paperback): $16.63
- #6: The Return of Sherlock Holmes (Paperback): $18.78
- #7: His Last Bow: Sherlock Holmes 7 (Paperback): $15.80
- #8: Sherlock Holmes - His Last Bow (Paperback): $9.00
- #9: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Sherlock Holmes 9 (Paperback): $17.85
- #11: The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet (Adventures of Sherlock Holmes #11) (Paperback): $6.99
- #12: The Adventure of the Copper Beeches (Adventures of Sherlock Holmes #12) (Paperback): $6.99
- #1887: A Study in Scarlet (Sherlock Holmes #1887) (Compact Disc): $24.95
- #1893: The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (Compact Disc): $29.95
- #1905: The Return of Sherlock Holmes (Compact Disc): $24.95
- #1917: His Last Bow: Some Reminiscences of Sherlock Holmes (MP3 CD): $24.95
In the first of all the Sherlock Holmes stories, Dr. John Watson, discharged from military service after suffering severe wounds, is at a loose end until a chance encounter leads him to take rooms with a remarkable young man. The arrogant, irascible Sherlock Holmes is a master chemist, a talented musician, and an expert on all aspects of crime. And when Watson is drawn into the investigation of a bizarre murder in which Holmes is involved, he is unaware that it is the beginning of the most famous partnership in the history of criminal detection. The mystery begins when a body turns up in an abandoned building. A baffled Scotland Yard calls in the world's first "consulting detective," Mr. Sherlock Holmes. Through observation, subterfuge, and tenacity, he is soon able to discover the identity of the assassin, but that is only the beginning of the bizarre mystery. This audiobook includes the bonus Sherlock Holmes story "The Adventure of the Speckled Band.
About the Author
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1859-1930), a Scottish writer whose works include science fiction stories, historical novels, plays, romances, poetry, and nonfiction, is best known as the creator of the detective Sherlock Holmes.
One of "AudioFile" magazine's Golden Voices, Simon Prebble has received over twenty Earphones Awards and five Listen-Up Awards, and he has been a finalist fourteen times for an Audie Award. In 2006, "Publishers Weekly" named him Narrator of the Year, and he was named "Booklist"'s 2010 Voice of Choice.
"Can any narrator go wrong with a mystery featuring the shrewd Sherlock Holmes? Simon Prebble certainly doesn't.... This is a solid performance." ---AudioFile