Backyard Farming: Growing Herbs for Food and Medicine (Paperback)
Search for Books or E-books
Other Books in Series
- #1: Backyard Farming: Raising Chickens: From Building Coops to Collecting Eggs and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #2: Backyard Farming: Growing Vegetables & Herbs: From Planting to Harvesting and More (Paperback): $8.75
- #3: Backyard Farming: Keeping Honey Bees: From Hive Management to Honey Harvesting and More (Paperback): $8.75
- #4: Backyard Farming: Home Harvesting: Canning and Curing, Pickling and Preserving Vegetables, Fruits and Meats (Paperback): $8.75
- #5: Backyard Farming: Raising Goats: For Dairy and Meat (Paperback): $8.75
- #6: Backyard Farming: Raising Cattle for Dairy and Beef (Paperback): $8.75
- #7: Backyard Farming: Growing Garlic: The Complete Guide to Planting, Growing, and Harvesting Garlic. (Paperback): $8.75
- #8: Backyard Farming: Canning & Preserving: Over 75 Recipes for the Homestead Kitchen (Paperback): $8.75
- #9: Backyard Farming: Homesteading: The Complete Guide to Self-Sufficiency (Paperback): $8.75
- #10: Backyard Farming: Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts (Paperback): $8.75
- #11: Backyard Farming: Composting: How to Plan, Build, and Maintain Your Own Compost System for a Healthy and Vibrant Garden (Paperback): $8.75
- #12: Backyard Farming: Raising Pigs (Paperback): $8.75
Comprehensive backyard farming guide to growing herbs for its many different uses in food and medicine.
Backyard Farming: Growing Herbs for Food and Medicine is your one-stop guide for growing and utilizing herbs in your life. Intended to serve as a comprehensive primer for first-time gardeners, detailed illustrations and informative photographs help to eliminate confusion and ease new homesteaders into the world of backyard farming. Growing Herbs for Food and Medicine includes not only instructions on planting, but goes into detail the many different kinds of ways to use herbs such as marinades and garnishes for your meals or as natural remedies and medicinal cures for what ails you.
About the Author
Kim Pezza grew up among orchards and dairy and beef farms having lived most of her life in the Finger Lakes region. She has raised pigs, poultry and game birds, rabbits and goats, and is experienced in growing herbs and vegetables. In her spare time, Kim also teaches workshops in a variety of areas, from art and simple computers for seniors, to making herb butter, oils, and vinegars. She continues to learn new techniques and skills and is currently looking to turn her grandparents' 1800s farm into a small, working homestead.
"...an all-in-one resource for helping people start planting and tending herbs, right in their own backyard...practical tips for creating the best possible gardening set-up for their space, discover the wide variety of herbs available for cultivation, determine which types of herbs are best suited for their area and climate, find a complete directory of herbs and their medical benefits, learn to locate herbs growing wild in their area with sustainable foraging techniques, and many more tips to help best achieve success." -- Little House Living