A Killer in King's Cove (Lane Winslow Mystery #1) (Paperback)
Search for Books or E-books
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Lane Winslow Mystery series.
- #2: Death in a Darkening Mist (Lane Winslow Mystery #2) (Paperback): $14.95
- #3: An Old, Cold Grave (Lane Winslow Mystery #3) (Paperback): $14.95
- #4: It Begins in Betrayal (Lane Winslow Mystery #4) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #5: A Sorrowful Sanctuary (Lane Winslow Mystery #5) (Paperback): $14.95
- #6: A Deceptive Devotion (Lane Winslow Mystery #6) (Paperback): $14.95
- #7: A Match Made for Murder (Lane Winslow Mystery #7) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #8: A Lethal Lesson (Lane Winslow Mystery #8) (Paperback): $14.95
It is 1946, and war-weary young ex-intelligence officer Lane Winslow leaves London to look for a fresh start. When she finds herself happily settled in King's Cove, a sleepy hamlet nestled in the idyllic interior of British Columbia surrounded by a suitably eclectic cast of small-town characters she feels like she may finally be able to put her past to rest. But then a body is discovered, the victim of murder, and although she works alongside the town's inspectors Darling and Ames to discover who might possibly have motivation to kill, she casts doubt on herself. As the investigation reveals facts that she has desperately tried to keep a secret, it threatens to pull her into a vortex of even greater losses than the ones she has already endured. A clever postwar mystery that will appeal to fan of historical mysteries with women sleuths like the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear or the Bess Crawford series by Charles Todd.
About the Author
Iona Whishaw is a former educator and social worker whose mother and grandfather both worked as spies in wars. She lives in Vancouver, British Columbia, with her husband.